Pages

Monday 21 November 2011

Fiction Excerpt: "Him"

Him (an excerpt of an, as yet, unwritten story by Abigail Ann)

I hate him! He just gets in the way of everything! 8pm today when I came home; and he had the nerve to tell me I was too late. What right has he to tell me what to do? He's not my father!
It's all his fault anyway! If he wasn't here I wouldn't have to spend all day down the park with that little nuisance. If anyone should be blamed for that 'c' word she uttered then it should be him! Before he came I'd never have felt the need to us it, let alone write it in the playground's shelter. Anyway, I was just trying to follow the doctor's orders- he said I needed to have more chocolate and what better place to do that then with friends. I just couldn't eat with him watching!
____________________________________

Grounded!
I hate him, I hate him, I hate him!
She'd have let me off if it wasn't for him!
Watching TV, looking out of the window.
Bored!

____________________________________

Went cycling today. There's nothing like freewheeling down onto a dual carriageway to get the adrenaline going.
They spent the day out with their little angel. Went to the zoo or something. Couldn't care less where I was!
But it was all my fault that we'd ended up in the cemetary half a mile away. Said he'd told me to stay on the estate. Well, he says a lot of things- how can I be expected to take them all in?

No comments:

Post a Comment